If you want to do the most amazing inland adventure Belize has to offer; Sleeping Giant Ceremonial Cave will provide the ultimate adventure!
Enjoy our horse and Buggy ride though our open citrus orchards. The cave, located behind the Sleeping Giant Lodge, is reserved for exclusive use of The Belize Collection guests. Very few people ever enter the cave, making it your intimate tour experience. The cave features spectacular geological formations, rim stone dams, stalactites, stalagmites, crystal curtains and columns. The cave was also used by the ancient Mayas for religious ceremonies. Left behind as evidence of these mysterious ancient ceremonies are hundreds of artifacts making Sleeping Giant Cave a natural museum. There are Maya skeletal remains embedded in crystal, Maya tools, fire pits and amazing pottery; an experience like no where else in the world.
From Sleeping Giant Lodge.
Request for Tour must be made at least 12 hours in advance.
Minimum: 2 Persons
What to bring:
- Waterproof Camera
- Long Pants
- Bug Spray/Repellent
- NO Jewelry
- Hiking Boots/Durable, Well-Threaded Shoes
- Water/Water Bottle
- Power Bars/Snack Bars
- Not Handicapped Accessible
- DO NOT bring Jewelry
- Not recommended for Pregnant Women
- Not recommended for the Physically Challenged
- Not recommended for persons with recent Arm/Hand Surgery
- Not recommended for persons who suffer from Heart/Respiratory Problems
- Not recommended for persons with Back/Neck Problems or who have had recent Back Surgery
*All rates are in US dollars per person, based on minimum persons indicated. An additional 22.5% will be applied for General Sales Tax and Resort Fee.
**Minimum persons required.
***Length of time may vary depending on weather conditions that could affect travel times.